We seek a world in which people and planet flourish together in regenerative systems free from oppression and threat.
The Maddox Fund tends to its internal culture believing that how we work inside the foundation influences of all of our partnerships. We see ourselves as an organic organization that will evolve over time in response to our environment and changing needs of our community.
Committed to Learning
The Maddox Fund is always approaching our work with humility and curiosity. We recognize that painful seasons of awakening, wandering and releasing create fertile soil for reimagining our future. We are committed to many awakenings and re-awakenings along the way.
image is adapted from GEO’s Seven Stages of Transformation
Learning from Nature
The Maddox Fund looks to nature as we aspire to an internal eco-system of trust. Through dwelling with nature, we observe:
For a full description of what we learn and what it means for the workplace, you can check out our full culture statement here.
Our North Stars
The Maddox North Stars emerged out of our 2021 Equity Audit. They serve as guides for how we operate as an organization and as a means of conceptualizing and assessing our work. We will explore how we live into them on a regular basis and it is our belief that that these North Stars will evolve as our work and the needs of the community change.
As a learning organization, Maddox embraces all stages of transformation and change toward liberation.
- Shared Language
- Maddox believes that language forms a collective consciousness and is always evolving; therefore, we are vigilant in amplifying the multiple voices that contribute to our shared understanding of DEIJL in our mission, vision and values.
- Shared Power
- Maddox Board, Staff, and partners use power for the shared goal of promoting community well-being.
- Maddox honors experience as a source of power.
- Maddox holds itself accountable to the community.
- Maddox is committed to transparency.
- DEIJL values throughout our organization
- Equity, justice and liberation are normalized, formalized, and woven into the fabric of the organization,
- White supremacy culture is identified and dismantled in policies, practices, relationships and all aspects of the organization.
- Organizational values of DEIJL are integrated into board and committee meetings through intentional and responsive dialogue and action.
- Maddox maintains the highest level of Glasspockets standards –sharing policies, practices, data and values.