10-Year Anniversary Grants
Young Professionals' Scholarships
We awarded 13 scholarships to young nonprofit professionals in Middle Tennessee to pursue professional development at the Center for Nonprofit Management. The scholarship recipients were:
- Ameshica Linsey, East Nashville Hope Exchange
- Chelsea Cahill, Book ‘Em
- Dan Fitzgerald, Harpeth Conservancy
- Diarese George, Tennessee Educators of Color Alliance
- Janelle Wommer, Operation Andrew Group
- JC Torres, Conexion Americas
- Jessica Holman, Harvest Hands
- Jomilla Newsom, Tennessee Environmental Council
- Katie Kuhl, Crossroads Campus
- Lacey Lane, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation
- Laura Herrell, Martha O’Bryan Center
- Nicholas Weaver, 100 Black Men
- Violet Gau, Big Brothers Big Sisters & Monroe Harding
These young nonprofit professionals will be able to use these scholarships on CNM’s workshops and certificate programs.
Youth Fellowship Opportunities
We made three $10,000 grants for nonprofit organizations to create fellowship positions that gave young people the chance to be meaningfully engaged in nonprofit work. Three organizations were selected: 100 Black Men, FiftyForward, and Tennessee Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition (TIRRC).
A Quick Note to All--
This was our family reunion after 10 years of building partnerships in Middle Tennessee– as Leslie Garcia so eloquently captured in her spoken word.
As in any reunion, we were able to reconnect with folks we have not seen in years as well as see close friends in a new context. It was especially meaningful to Joseph and me to be with all our partners across the Maddox interest areas: education, low-income youth and wildlife conservation.
We hope you were able to learn how to read to a 3rd grader, paint by the number and walk in the shoes of an undocumented youth – all while visiting food trucks, watching doughjoe capture Maddox in art and going bonanza at the photo booth.
The Maddox Charitable Fund has been blessed with strong nonprofit partners and committed board members. We look forward to working with you over the next 10 years.
The Dan & Margaret Maddox Charitable Fund