The Maddox Fund has a history of long-term relationships with existing nonprofit partners. At the same time, we have added new partners in each of our grant cycles.
If you think Maddox might support your program after completing your research, call the office. We want to talk to you about your work and best strategies for approaching the Maddox Fund. We can also save your valuable time if Maddox is not the right partner for your program going forward.
While not required, we recommend that you attend a budget workshop before submitting an application. The workshop will help you construct a strong budget so that your application is more compelling. Here are the dates and times for an in-person budget workshop for 2019:
- Thursday, December 12th, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Wednesday, January 8th, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Budget workshops are held at the Maddox office at 100 Taylor Street, Suite A-20, Nashville, TN 37208. If you’d like to attend, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please limit attendance to 2 people from your organization as space in our office is limited. If you’re unable to attend either of these workshops, we’ve made a video tutorial that covers much of the same information.
Be sure to keep your Giving Matters profile up-to-date. The Maddox Fund will reference GivingMatters.com for board names and demographics, 990s and audits, program descriptions and leadership bios. If your organization does not have a Giving Matters profile, please contact staff.
If you decided Maddox is a good match for you, please submit an application through the online system by the January deadline. Our staff will be available to you through the application process. However, we recommend you call well in advance of the deadline. As the deadline approaches, the staff is responding to multiple requests for information as well as technology assistance. For a video tutorial on how to find and start our grant application, go here.
Please be sure to click the “Submit” button by the deadline. Applications submitted past the date/time deadline cannot be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- User Log-In:Create a password, with your email address as a username. If you are applying on behalf of more than one organization, please use separate email addresses for each organization. We will not share your email address with any other organization.
- Email Confirmation:Your email will be used to confirm that we received your application.
- Start Now, Finish Later:Your username and password will let you save an in-process application for up to 120 days. As long as you access and change your application at least once every 120 days, the saved application will remain in your file.
- Submit: Be sure to click SUBMIT by the application deadline. If you do not SUBMIT the proposal the Maddox Charitable Fund cannot access it. Late proposals will not be accepted.
GivingMatters.com is a community information system allowing nonprofits to present their full story to donors–programs, management, governance and finances. The Maddox Charitable Fund uses GivingMatter.com to gather background information on applicants. By accessing GivingMatters.com, we can keep our application short and save your time.
It is important to keep your profile up-to-date from the Maddox due date through the May grant announcement. We will be accessing the profile throughout our discernment process.
Specifically, be sure the following are up-to-date:
- 990 for most recent fiscal year (if not complete, explain in the comments section)
- Audit for most recent fiscal year (if an audit, review or compilation is available)
- Board of Directors, attendance, demographics, financial support, etc.
- Management with biographical information
- IRS Letter
For assistance updating your GivingMatters.com profile, contact the appropriate coach based on your organization’s legal name.
Maddox works with the Center for Nonprofit Management to offer capacity building services (strategic planning, development plan, program evaluation…). Services are offered on a sliding fee scale. You can call CNM directly or ask a Maddox staff member to connect you.
CNM will work with you to identify the best approach and a skilled consultant (you can ask for more than one consultant to interview for the right organizational match). CNM will then write a proposal to Maddox to access our match funding.