Supporting youth programs and youth voices
The Maddox Fund is committed to removing barriers that contribute to intergenerational poverty and to unlocking opportunities for marginalized youth. We value high impact programs, including long-term mentoring relationships and life-skills programs. We support movements that promote the voices and courageous leadership of youth.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Maddox Fund’s grants will focus on ages 6 through traditional college age (ages 4-24).
The Maddox Fund supports organizations serving marginalized youth–youth from goups that had been historically oppressed or experienced systemic racism.
The fund also focuses on youth with financial barriers. If applying under this category, please include in the program description the definition of economic need used by your organization as well as how program eligibility is determined (i.e., TANF, Food Stamps, etc.) and documented.
Grantees should document income eligibility for programs supported by the Maddox Fund.
- After-school programs
- Positive decision-making programs
- Youth development programs
- Mentoring programs
- Youth fellowship and internship programs
- Leadership and civic engagement programs
- Health, dental and treatment programs for youth
- Drug treatment programs
- Counseling /Therapeutic Programs
- Pregnancy programs
- Camps and Conferences
- Infant and toddler programs
- Pre-K programs
- Arts Programs
- Museums and historic preservation
- Low-intensity programs with infrequent or short-duration participant contact.
The Charitable Fund will not support:
- Emergency assistance, including family housing, utilities, food or medical assistance.
Marginalized Youth &
A complete count is important to making sure that Middle Tennesse receives funding needed for ensuring that young people have the opportuntiy to thrive. Check out some of these facts and learn how you can get involved.
Dan and Margaret intimately knew poverty
Margaret was raised by a single mother and Dan’s father died young, forcing Dan to quit school to help support the family.